- Raising Teens in a Hypercompetitive Culture with Cindy Muchnick Dr. Cam 28:56
If you want your teen to thrive within our current hypercompetitive culture and uncertain landscape, this episode is for you.
In this episode I’m joined by Cindy Muchnick, Educational Consultant and author of The Parent Compass: Navigating Your Teen’s Wellness and Academic Journey in Today’s Competitive World, which Katie Couric selected as one of the top 11 fall parenting reads.
Cindy shows us how we can best support our teens without having to frantically tutor, manage, and helicopter them.
7 points to the Parent Compass
- Intact relationships
- Living a life with purpose
- Being confident and secure in one’s capabilities
- Attending a “right fit” college
- Having a zest for exploration and developing insatiable curiosity
- Being able to self-advocate
- Embracing new challenges and the mistakes/failures/faltering that come along the way.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others would appreciate the guidance and encouragement, please take a quick moment to rate and review. Reviews from my listeners are extremely valuable and greatly appreciated. Review on iTunes.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, YouTube, Google, Spotify. You can also subscribe from the podcast app on your mobile device or listen LIVE in my Private Facebook Group.