- When your child doesn’t listen to you with Nneka H Sue Groner 12:04
Nneka is a mom who’s finding it challenging to parent an 8 year old after raising two other children who are now 17 and 22 years old. This daughter has a will of her own and like most kids doesn’t just do what she’s told. She is especially tough with Nneka when it comes to homework as she is homeschooled. Whether or not your kid is homeschooled, if you’re tired of being the homework warden, listen out for an eye opening perspective along with some strategies to make this easier for everyone.
This week on The Parenting Mentor:
- Tips for effective and encouraging communication that will create harmony, growth and balance.
- How to teach a process that will ultimately become a lifelong skill.
- Specific conversation tips to start brainstorming with your child so they see you as their team member.
- Changing your perspective on your child’s learning curve and why it’s their process and not yours
“So I think that there’s a balance. First of all you can’t engineer your child. She’s not going to listen and respond exactly the way you want her to because she’s her own person.”- Sue Groner
Meet the Parenting Mentor
If you want to reduce the everyday stress and anxiety that inevitably come with parenting and learn to be a happier and more relaxed parent, then this is the place for you.
Here, you can listen in on real sessions with parents who open up about the specific challenges they face with children from 2 to 22. Listen along and gain perspectives and strategies to help you parent with sanity and joy.
Visit theparentingmentor.com for notes on this show, more episodes, and all the ways to subscribe, and don’t forget to pick up my book, Parenting with Sanity and Joy: 101 Simple Strategies, which includes my Nine Golden Rules of Parenting.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts!
Spotify I Stitcher I Apple Podcasts I iHeart Radio I TuneIn I Google Podcasts