- Improving the World through Compassion with Dr. Rick Hanson Dr. Ron Kaiser 35:36
Oftentimes, listening to the news can be difficult. Between wars, famines, climate change, and inequality (to name a few), happenings of the world can start to seem like a never-ending cycle of unfortunate events. It can be deflating to think this way and discouraging to feel like there’s nothing that you can do about it. However, you have more power and influence than you may think, and the spark to light the flame of change could be as simple as… being compassionate.
My guest on today’s episode, Dr. Rick Hanson, is a psychologist, Senior Fellow of UC Berkeley’s Greater Good Science Center, and New York Times best-selling author. His latest book, Making Great Relationships, offers practical guidance for developing a positive mindset and improving relationships. Rick joins me on my show today to talk about what compassion can do for the world as well as the Global Compassion Coalition, an organization that he founded that’s focused on creating a compassionate world where people and nature are cared for and thrive.
Tune in to Episode 176 of REJUVENAGING® and channel your compassion with Dr. Rick Hanson.
Some Questions I Ask:
- How do you define compassion? (3:12)
- If an individual wants to join the coalition, how can they do it? (24:03)
- Why should I, as a listener, join the coalition? What’s in it for me and the world? (24:46)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- About the aim of the organization Rick founded – The Global Compassion Coalition (8:05)
- About what leads to the basis of the evolution of altruism (18:19)
- About Rick’s theory of change (20:35)
- About some of Rick’s foundational practices (29:39)
- The Being Well Podcast
- Rick’s Latest Book: Making Great Relationships
- Rick’s Other Books
- Global Compassion Coalition
Connect with Dr. Rick Hanson
Useful REJUVENAGING® Resources
- Website: https://www.thementalhealthgym.com/
- Book: Dr. Ron Kaiser –Rejuvenaging: The Art and Science of Growing Older with Enthusiasm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TEDx Talk: Aging Enthusiastically to Make the World a Better Place
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.