- Investigative Reporter - uncovering sexual assault 44:32
Rhonda Cook was a gutsy reporter who “fell into” her work as an inmate advocate. She developed the trust of inmates in the prisons where she was was assigned and they would call her and let her know about what was going on in the prisons.
In 1998 she started to hear about sexual abuse in a woman’s prison. The story covered 18 months of work, and resulted in multiple firings and changes in the prison. Many felony charges were filed, but no one served any time.
Rhonda talked about how she viewed each story in an unbiased way, learning that everybody had a story and everybody hds a truth that was their truth.
Now that she has retired from reporting, she is finding her voice as a social justice advocate, finding the greatest satisfaction in the voter protection work she is doing.
1. Decide how you want to live the rest of your life.
2. There are many causes that need advocates.
3. Whatever it is that you care about, just go do it, and do it with all the zesto you can!
Thanks so much for listening.
Subscribe on Apple Podcast, Stitcher , Google Podcast. or Spotify
Follow up on Facebook and Instagram
You can email me with questions or comments at email@example.com
– You can find Rhonda at firstname.lastname@example.org