- Episode 23: Randye Kaye & Happier Made Simple: Choose Your Words. Change Your Life. John M Jaramillo 1:39:15
For this episode, muti-faceted, multi-talented, and fellow multipotentialite Randye Kaye walks me through the heart of her own book on happiness and what it took for her – through the up’s and down’s of her own life – to come to the realization of how much we can really enhance our own happiness.
We can’t do what the self-help and development gurus suggest for us without a sound foundation of our own fulfillment to work upon. We all want to build more in our lives, working toward goals and dreams, but without that authentic and resilient foundation, anything we build today can more easily cave into itself and be undone tomorrow.
I love that message most of all from my conversation with Randye: We need to have a sound foundation before we go out and try all the advice that’s out there for how to achieve more. I’ve seen it in my Coaching when clients have finally gone back to who they’ve always been – their values, needs, and wants – and what they had forgotten and forfeited, but return to again, feeling more authentic and fulfilled.
Some highlights from this episode:
- From Randye: “The combination of being comfortable with yourself — that we’re more than just our achievements — and that we’re lovable even being stripped of our achievements and titles, is also important at the end of the day with how your life has been lived.”
- The Stephen Sondheim quote, ““Anything you do, let it come from you. Then it will be new.” comes up and is pertinent to our conversation. This is a major lesson we need to hear and understand when it comes to how we express ours views in life.
- We learn what the acronym B.R.E.A.T.H.E stands for.
- This kind of happiness is not about Toxic Positivity – that everything has to work out 24/7.
The MAIN QUESTION that underlies my conversation with Randye is, Do you know what happiness really means to you, what your own definition and feeling of it are?
About Randye: Connect, Create, Communicate – that’s the thread that runs through Randye’s work as radio personality, improv and stage actor, drama teacher, humorist, podcast host, writer, motivational speaker, voice talent, and audiobook narrator. Her latest book, Happier Made Simple: Choose Your Words. Change Your Life. reached #1 International Bestseller status on Launch Day. Her previous bestselling title, Ben Behind His Voices: One Family’s Journey from the Chaos of Schizophrenia to Hope, was nominated for a Publisher’s Weekly Award. She lives with her family in Connecticut.
Watch the episode on YouTube: https://lnkd.in/ey_KTZe
Learn more about The Book Leads: https://lnkd.in/eFb76ck