- #62: 6 Attributes of Compelling Stories that Sell Park Howell, Brand Story Strategist 53:54
Paul Smith, Author, Speaker, and Consultant, joins the Business of Story Podcast to talk about our need for narrative, why stories are more compelling when they convey lessons, and the six attributes of a story that differentiates it from other forms.
The Business of Story is sponsored by Emma, Convince & Convert, and Oracle.
- Emma helps marketers everywhere send smart, stylish email newsletters, promotions, and automated campaigns, and help us all rest a little easier knowing our marketing emailing is doing its job. Check out their newest publication at Myemma.com/click.
- Each day the team at Convince & Convert picks a topic and sends you the three best resources ever created about that topic. It’s topical, it’s timely, it’s useful, so go to definitivedigest.com and subscribe to their email newsletter now.
In This Episode
- Why it’s important to know what is a story and what’s not
- How to craft your stories around lessons to be more compelling to customers
- Why storytelling helps a listener remember facts and be motivated to action
- How to use upwards of 25 story types to infuse your sales technique with success
- Why stories help the buyer relax, listen and bond with a salesperson
- How to close a sale by using the right story and help your brand by building word-of-mouth
- Paul Smith
- Paul Smith on Twitter, @LeadWithAStory
- “Sell with a Story: How to Capture Attention, Build Trust, and Close the Sale” by Paul Smith
- Chris Gug
- Lisa Krohn
- Robert McKee
- “The Hero’s Journey,” by Joseph Campbell
- “Your DIY Guide to Crafting and Telling Compelling Brand Stories that Sell,” by Park Howell
Visit http://bit.ly/BizofStory for more insights from your favorite storytellers.