- Katharine Nohr: How to Ease Your Way Into Exercising Dr. Ron Kaiser 31:20
Going to the gym or running in the park might not seem appealing to some people, and one of the main reasons for it is because they are afraid. They are governed by the fear of being judged on how they look when they struggle doing the exercises or the way they run, so they prefer staying in their comfort zone and becoming couch potatoes.
But, doing exercise is one of the most important conditions of keeping your body healthy and strong.
This fear disappears once we make a habit of staying active, and only the first steps are the hardest, so make sure you put your shoes on and commit to at least 20 minutes a day. Just half an hour every day and you’ll gradually stop feeling ashamed and you might find it enjoyable.
In today’s episode, I am joined by Katharine, a woman of many talents, who not only professionally but personally also, creates the conditions for personal growth for herself and others – and she’s going to share some of her knowledge with us.
Katharine Nohr is an attorney, an author, and a fitness enthusiast who lives in Hawaii, but enjoys exploring the world at every opportunity. She is a former Honolulu Judge that now is practicing ESports and insurance law. She’s the author of the textbook, “Managing Risk in Sport & Recreation: The Essential Guide for Loss Prevention”, among others, and she is a frequent keynote speaker on sports law and risk management.
Listen to Episode 29 of Rejuvenaging, to learn how you can stay active and enjoy exercising and to get some insights into the eating habits that make her energetic without consuming sugar.
Questions I ask:
- How do you spend your days? (01:58)
- What kind of things do you write about? What about the books? (03:57)
- What kinds of things do you do to stay fit? (06:09)
- Can you tell us a little bit about your speaking career? What kinds of things do you speak about? (18:01)
- You have your own TV show. What’s that all about? (21:59)
- Do you have a particular attitude with respect to how people can be most productive in what I call rejuvenaging – growing older with enthusiasm? (23:16)
In today’s episode, you will learn:
- What ESports is. (03:09)
- Katharine’s advice for people that know it’s healthier for them to exercise, but aren’t thrilled about getting started. (09:37)
- How Katharine turned traveling into a game of finding the cheapest journeys to the most intriguing places on Earth. (13:45)
- What sports risk management is. (19:34)
- How Katharine manages to stay enthusiastic in everything that she does. (21:02)
- Some general principles that Katharine is using, diet-wise, to stay healthy and fit. (25:03)
Connect with Katharine:
Useful Rejuvenaging Resources:
- Website: https://www.thementalhealthgym.com/
- Book: Dr. Ron Kaiser – Rejuvenaging: The Art and Science of Growing Older with Enthusiasm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TEDx Talk: Aging Enthusiastically to Make the World a Better Place