- Don’t Let Your Words Curtail Your Freedom Dr. Ron Kaiser 14:34
It’s human nature to pay special attention to the ways in which we speak to, and interact with, each other. We choose our words carefully at the risk of sounding too harsh, mean, or insensitive. We know the weight that words carry, so why do so many of us not extend that same courtesy when talking to ourselves? We are often our own harshest critics and have no problem berating and belittling ourselves in ways which we never would with others.
On this solo episode, I outline some of the ways in which we limit ourselves with our words. I explain why the language that we use to describe and think of ourselves is important and I break down how using more positive language enables us to do and be better.
Tune in to Episode 143 of REJUVENAGING® and learn how to unlimit yourself.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The different ways in which we limit ourselves through our language (3:24)
- Why it’s important to tone it down when we react to adversity (9:00)
- How to take the first step towards curtailing negative speech (10:55)
Useful REJUVENAGING® Resources
- Website: https://www.thementalhealthgym.com/
- Book: Dr. Ron Kaiser –Rejuvenaging: The Art and Science of Growing Older with Enthusiasm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TEDx Talk: Aging Enthusiastically to Make the World a Better Place