- #52: How to Combine the Science of Data with the Art of Storytelling to Create Meaningful Customer Experiences Park Howell, Brand Story Strategist 1:07:24
Greg Chapman, Co-founder and CMO at The Pocket Suite, joins the Business of Story Podcast to talk about creating meaningful surveys to understand your customer, determining your brand’s unique value, and most importantly, that people are really what’s behind the data.
The Business of Story is sponsored by Emma, Convince & Convert, and Oracle.
- Emma helps marketers everywhere send smart, stylish email newsletters, promotions, and automated campaigns, and help us all rest a little easier knowing our marketing emailing is doing its job. Check out their newest publication at Myemma.com/click.
- Each day the team at Convince & Convert picks a topic and sends you the three best resources ever created about that topic. It’s topical, it’s timely, it’s useful, so go to definitivedigest.com and subscribe to their email newsletter now.
- Oracle Marketing Cloud offers an introduction to marketing automation, with tips that marketers need to automate and optimize.
In This Episode
- Why starting with knowing your customer inside and out is key
- How to create a sentence that describes your brand’s differentiated value proposition
- Why science and data are great and helpful, but they are not everything
- How to find the points in your customer’s journey where they will give you permission to charge more money
- Why creating positive experience and memories are a powerful tool for enhancing ROI
- How to follow up and ensure your brand is delivering on all of its promises
- Greg Chapman
- Greg Chapman on Twitter, @Gregory_Chapman
- The Pocket Suite
- Quorum International
- The Sharper Image
- Bret Giles
- Provide Commerce
- “The Hero’s Journey,” by Joseph Campbell
- “Your DIY Guide to Crafting and Telling Compelling Brand Stories that Sell,” by Park Howell
Visit http://bit.ly/BizofStory for more insights from your favorite storytellers.