- Rewriting the Dementia Narrative: How "Keys Bags Names Words" Is Shattering Stereotypes with Cynthia Stone, Caroline Prioleau AlzAuthors 56:20
In this episode of Untangling Alzheimer’s & Dementia, hosts Marianne Sciucco and Christy Byrne Yates are joined by guests Cynthia Stone and Caroline Prioleau to discuss their documentary film “Keys Bags Names Words.” The film explores the experiences of individuals and families affected by dementia and highlights the importance of community support and education. Cynthia and Caroline share their personal journeys and explain how their own encounters with dementia impacted their work on this powerful film. They discuss the process of creating the film, including obtaining footage and incorporating personal stories. The episode also delves into the impact of the film and the goals behind it, such as changing perceptions of dementia and promoting understanding and support. The conversation is filled with heartfelt stories, valuable insights, and practical resources, making it a must-listen for caregivers and anyone interested in Alzheimer’s and dementia. So grab your headphones and tune in to gain a deeper understanding of the challenges and triumphs faced by individuals and families living with dementia.
In this episode, you will:
- Gain valuable insights into Alzheimer’s and dementia, empowering you to better understand the conditions and provide compassionate care.
- Understand the unique challenges faced by dementia caregivers and strategies to overcome them.
- Discover practical strategies for navigating the challenges of dementia caregiving, helping you feel more equipped and supported in your role.
- Explore a thought-provoking film about Alzheimer’s and dementia, sparking meaningful conversations and raising awareness about these conditions.
The resources mentioned in this episode are:
- Visit the AlzAuthors website at AlzAuthors.com to learn more about the global community of authors writing about Alzheimer’s and dementia from personal experience.
- Subscribe to the Untangling Alzheimer’s and Dementia podcast on major podcast platforms like Apple and Spotify, or visit AlzAuthors.com to listen to episodes.
- Email AlzAuthors at AlzAuthors@gmail.com if you have any questions or need assistance.
- Consider hosting a community screening of the film to start conversations and connect people to resources.
- Explore the hear/say Oral History Program, co-founded by Caroline Prioleau, to hear firsthand stories of lived experiences with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Educate yourself and others about brain health and strategies for preventing or delaying the onset of Alzheimer’s and dementia. Visit Alz.org.
About the Podcast
AlzAuthors is the global community of authors writing about Alzheimer’s and dementia from personal experience to light the way for others. Our podcast introduces you to our authors who share their stories and insights to provide knowledge, comfort, and support. Please subscribe so you don’t miss a word. If our authors’ stories move you, please leave a review. And don’t forget to share our podcast with family and friends on their own dementia journeys.
We are a 501(c)(3) charitable organization totally reliant on donations to do what we do. Your generosity will help cover our many operating costs, which include website hosting and maintenance fees, service charges to keep things running smoothly, and marketing expenses to promote our authors, expand our content, improve our reach, and more. Our ongoing work supports our mission to lift the silence and stigma of Alzheimer’s and other dementias. To sustain our efforts please donate here.
Thank you for listening.
Want to be on the podcast? Here’s what you need to know.