Best Hair Routine When Traveling
Since our hair is part of our everyday routine, it’s nice to figure out the best hair routine when traveling. There are a ton of different factors when you are on a trip, so I am including all kinds of options.
Quote of the day: “Only the truth of who you are, if realized, will set you free.” Eckhart Tolle
This quote is something I have to remember when I’m thinking about the best hair routine when traveling. I tell myself that how my hair looks is not the important factor. We are traveling to have a wonderful experience, and I shouldn’t stress about something insignificant like hair.
Not that hair is insignificant. We all put a lot of emphasis on how our hair looks. This is why I’m talking about the subject of the best hair routine when traveling.
The fact is that when you go to different places, you are at the mercy of so many different elements that affect the outcome of how your hair behaves.
Or maybe it’s just me?
Here’s the list that I think about:
- Weather including rain, wind, and snow.
- Humidity takes my curly hair and makes it even curlier and frizzy.
- The water that comes out of the faucet. I have tailored my normal hair routine to our filtered water in Arizona. Once we step outside of our house, it’s a whole different thing.
- Hair dryer. It’s fabulous that hotels have hair dryers there so you don’t have to bring yours from home, but now that I’m used to the light technology hair dryer, the hot air affects the outcome of my hair.
- Nutrition. Now that I realize that my hair is related to the nutrients I eat, being on vacation can be hard because we are out of our normal eating routine. We try to keep it healthy, but it is a struggle. It’s another reason that a hair supplement, like Nutrafol, can be helpful.
So let’s talk about the things we can do for our hair routine that don’t add too much work when you want to enjoy your vacation, yet you still want to look great in your travel photos.
Facts: Jodie’s Touch of Style is supported by my readers. I partner with affiliate platforms where commission may be earned based on your purchases. If you decide to buy anything I’ve promoted, I appreciate you using my link. These links help bloggers like me to fund the content that we provide, plus they tell companies that blogging marketing works. Thank you for your ongoing support.
I’ve shared many articles about my hair journey if the subject interests you.
Best Hair Routine when Traveling with Products
The first thing I think about is having a variety of products. Not just the ones I have for my usual, everyday look at home.
Since the elements can be so different, you want to be prepared. YET, you don’t want to have a ton of weight in your suitcase.
That’s why it’s smart to have samples, minis, or products that you’ve put into travel containers.
The thing is you might want to have a couple of products that you don’t necessarily need when you’re at home.
For me, I live in a very arid environment. But when we travel to humid areas, I like having something to help tame my frizzies. Not that they are totally tamed, but I try!
Washing Your Hair on a Trip
You may think that washing your hair solves all your problems to a bad hair day when you’re on a trip. But I have found that one of the secrets of having the best hair routine when traveling is to wash your hair as little as possible.
Insider tip: Most of us don’t take shampoo and conditioner in our toiletry bags because hotels have them for us. However, if you’re someone who relies on conditioner, it’s good to have a mini size in your bag just in case.
I have found some places have switched to an all-in-one hair and body wash.
Insider tip: Your hair conditioner can act as a smoothing gel on dry hair.
Yet you will end up washing your hair so having smaller sized hair staying tools can be helpful. If you have thick hair, it doesn’t make it easy but it’s that pro vs con of convenience.
That’s why the other options I listed below can also come in handy.
I’m the first to admit that our hair shouldn’t make or break a good day, yet we do put a lot of stock into how it turns out.
If you don’t want to use any of these ideas below, then my other suggestion is to make sure your outfit has a wonderful focal point, so all eyes are on it instead of your hair.
I pack this variety of items in my suitcase:
- Hats. Packable ones are ideal, but a felt hat is great in wintertime.
- Scarves. Even with short hair, you can Fashion a scarf to cover some, or all of your hair. These are magical pieces of fabric and I’ve shown multiple ways to wear them on your head.
- Barrettes, hair clips, and headbands. Again, I’ve shown a pixie cut wearing hair accessories and they can help anytime you have hair that wants to go every which way.
- Faux Ponytail. While I don’t take my long extensions on a trip, I am going to take my faux ponytail because it’s smaller and can make a world of difference. The nice thing is there are some affordable ones on Amazon, and while they may not be the best quality, they can look better than my natural hair. This is the one I ordered recently.
Insider tip: Put your hat in the suitcase first upside down and then fill it with soft items to keep its shape.
You should definitely sign up for the emails below. Besides the free eBook, my email family gets personal tidbits of what’s going on in my life along with other happenings, sales, information, giveaways, extra photos, and interesting articles.
I will say that I know many of you can add to this list for the best hair routine when traveling. If you have hacks or tips, please share and I can add them to this post.
Feel free to email me at Jtouchofstyle@gmail.com or comment on this article.
I hope I thank you enough because your support allows me to continue this journey which I LOVE!!!
Supporting a blog can be easy and free. Just visiting my pages, clicking my links (especially for small businesses and sponsored posts), and sharing the things you like on your social media make a huge difference. Spreading the word is how I can reach more wonderful people like you!
Or feel free to “buy me a coffee” which is a monetary way to tell me that you enjoy reading my blog.
Welcome to Jodie’s Touch of Style. I’m here to prove that it’s never too late to look great. Clothing and style are meant to showcase your inner personality. So let’s have fun and try new things.
It’s not just about me on this blog, but also my mother and friend. We get to showcase not only different decades of life but also different body shapes and unique personal styles.