- When you’re struggling with sibling rivalry issues with Nikki B Sue Groner 27:46
Nikki is a mom to three boys, 5, 3 and 2-years old. Not surprisingly, she is struggling with sibling rivalry issues especially when the kids are playing all together. She is wondering how much of this has to do with their need for 1:1 mom time, and how to help her kids work through their issues by themselves. Listen along if you are tired of being your kid’s referee.
This week on The Parenting Mentor:
- Tips for effective and encouraging language that will get your kids not only solving their own problems (while feeling supported) but also doing their best to avoid conflict in the first place.
- Introducing the concepts of “taking 10” and the power of alone time.
- Techniques to create a daily emotional connection with the kids individually.
- Creating a space where it’s safe for your kids to feel their feelings while also being safe, kind and honest.
“I know you guys can figure this out together…Right? So now you’re giving them the power. You don’t want to be the referee and you also don’t want to be the judge.” – Sue Groner
Meet the Parenting Mentor
If you want to reduce the everyday stress and anxiety that inevitably come with parenting and learn to be a happier and more relaxed parent, then this is the place for you.
Here, you can listen in on real sessions with parents who open up about the specific challenges they face with children from 2 to 22. Listen along and gain perspectives and strategies to help you parent with sanity and joy.
Visit theparentingmentor.com for notes on this show, more episodes, and all the ways to subscribe, and don’t forget to pick up my book, Parenting with Sanity and Joy: 101 Simple Strategies, which includes my Nine Golden Rules of Parenting.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts!