- When your child doesn’t want to get out of holiday mode with Jamie M Sue Groner 23:21
Jamie M is a mom to her 2 year old son who is coming off of a few weeks of lots of chocolate, tv and mom-ing. Jamie is stressing on how to get back to what she considers normal for her son post holidays. If you have also let your rules go by the wayside this holiday season, listen along for some strategies to smooth this transition and even create new structure in your household in 2023.
This week on The Parenting Mentor:
- Tips for effective and encouraging communication that will get your kids in the conversation about holiday transitions, work life, and balance allowing them to feel even more a part of the family.
- How to gradually enforce your 2023 rules while creating a balance in your home such as taking breaks to spend time together in between working.
- Techniques such as trading in a card for one chocolate a day to make the process a bit smoother and more tangible.
- Changing your perspective and having empathy around your child’s experience.
“The beginning of the New Year becomes so stressful for everyone because they feel like they need to make strict changes or do things cold turkey. I feel like we need to ease into it. It’s a healthy, more relaxed way to approach change.”- Sue Groner
Meet the Parenting Mentor
If you want to reduce the everyday stress and anxiety that inevitably come with parenting and learn to be a happier and more relaxed parent, then this is the place for you.
Here, you can listen in on real sessions with parents who open up about the specific challenges they face with children from 2 to 22. Listen along and gain perspectives and strategies to help you parent with sanity and joy.
Visit theparentingmentor.com for notes on this show, more episodes, and all the ways to subscribe, and don’t forget to pick up my book, Parenting with Sanity and Joy: 101 Simple Strategies, which includes my Nine Golden Rules of Parenting.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts!
Spotify I Stitcher I Apple Podcasts I iHeart Radio I TuneIn I Google Podcasts