- Good News About Dementia Don Akchin 27:58
In their new book Dementia Prevention: Using Your Head to Save Your Brain, Emily and Mitchell Clionsky explain that we can control much of the risk of contracting dementia. Emily, a physician, and Mitchell, a neuropsychologist, offer important insights in this informative interview about things we can do to prevent dementia. Among the topics covered:
* How to distinguish between normal aging and serious mental impairment.
* Why eating the right foods is not the most effective prevention tool.
* Half the people correctly diagnosed with mild cognitive impairment can actually get better – or at least, no worse.
* A five-minute assessment tool can diagnose dementia – or reassure you that you haven’t got it.
* The value of getting diagnosed early.
The book is available from the Johns Hopkins Press.
Get full access to The EndGame at theendgame.substack.com/subscribe