- Using Grief to Understand the Language of Our Hearts with Charlene Gorzela Dr. Ron Kaiser 37:54
Grief is commonly associated exclusively with the death of a loved one, the end of a loving relationship, or even a friendship when actually, grieving is as broad as personal. We all can grieve for different things and deal with them uniquely.
To tell us more about Grief is the Grief Recovery Method Specialist, Charlene Gorzela. After 26 years as the successful owner and CEO of a professional staffing company, Charlene started exploring the next step for her. The end of life was an appealing topic for her; she thought of becoming a hospice nurse, but after talking with a Grief recovery specialist, she fell in love with the recovery portion of it. It was a no-brainer for her; Charlene sold her company and devoted herself to becoming a Grief recovery specialist. She is also the Host of the Grief Recovery Now podcast and a champion for growth through Grief.
In this episode, we go through Charlene’s journey of becoming a Grief specialist; we talk about the loss she experienced in life and how she discovered the broad spectrum of what people can grieve for. We explore the unconscious and limiting filters Grief can produce in our lives, the different kinds of Grief, and the Grief Recovery Method. We analyze people’s unique ways of grieving, the power of staying awake and grateful in our lives, and more.
Tune in to Episode 123 of Rejuvenaging and get a closer look at Grief, an aspect of our lives all of us will have to deal with, one way or the other.
Some Questions I Ask:
- How did you happen to get into the Grief Recovery business? (5:16)
- Is Grief only equated with death, or are there other situations that might make us experience Grief? (11:54)
- Is there anything that we can do educationally or otherwise, from a preventative standpoint, to be better prepared to deal with losses? Particularly when we get into the second half-century of life, where losses are kind of a pre-existing condition (21:42)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- From owner and CEO to Grief Recovery Method Specialist (5:29)
- About the unconscious filters that limit us (9:31)
- There are 40+ reasons for grieving (12:01)
- Every person has their own way to Grief (17:23)
- We get to decide what to do with our Grief (24:09)
- What people understand forgiveness is vs. what it really means (28:23)
- Grief Recovery Method website – Charlene Gorzela
- Grief Recovery Now podcast
- Grief Recovery Now Facebook Private Group
Connect with Charlene:
Useful Rejuvenaging Resources:
- Website: https://www.thementalhealthgym.com/
- Book: Dr. Ron Kaiser –Rejuvenaging: The Art and Science of Growing Older with Enthusiasm
- Email: email@example.com
- TEDx Talk: Aging Enthusiastically to Make the World a Better Place