- Adapting to a Changing Climate With Ethan Brown Dr. Ron Kaiser 33:39
Climate change is arguably one of the biggest and most important issues of our time. From floods to droughts, to hurricanes, and everything in between, we are already feeling the effects of human-induced warming of our planet. So what exactly is climate change? What contributes to it and what can we do to combat it?
This episode’s guest, Ethan Brown, is the host of the popular podcast The Sweaty Penguin where he approaches the issue of climate change from a comedic perspective. Ethan’s goal with this podcast is to have meaningful, insightful, and engaging conversations around climate change without politicizing it. Every week, he covers a climate change issue and speaks to an expert in the field, providing valuable knowledge to listeners in a way that isn’t polarizing.
In this episode, Ethan and I discuss the contributions to climate change, its effects, what we can do to slow it down, and so much more.
Tune in to Episode 144 of REJUVENAGING® to see how you can play your part in countering climate change.
Some Questions I Ask:
- The name of your podcast, The Sweaty Penguin, what’s that all about? (4:12)
- Is global warming the same as climate change? (4:58)
- Why is the climate changing? (6:39)
- Can we move toward more effective climate change without destroying certain industries? (22:16)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why Ethan prefers the term “climate change” instead of “global warming” (5:34)
- About some of the consequences of climate change (8:19)
- What controls we have for combatting the effects of climate change (10:11)
- Five things that can be done from an individual perspective to be more environmentally conscious (12:33)
- The difference between the issue of climate change and the solutions to climate change (16:13)
- How industry can adapt to a carbon-free future (23:39)
- How climate change can be addressed on a global scale (25:40)
- The Sweaty Penguin’s website
- The Sweaty Penguin’s Instagram
- The Sweaty Penguin’s TikTok
- The Sweaty Penguin’s Twitter
Connect with Ethan Brown
Useful REJUVENAGING® Resources
- Website: https://www.thementalhealthgym.com/
- Book: Dr. Ron Kaiser –Rejuvenaging: The Art and Science of Growing Older with Enthusiasm
- Email: email@example.com
- TEDx Talk: Aging Enthusiastically to Make the World a Better Place