- What is your brand story? with Heather Roma Steve Worthy 31:31
Do you have a brand story? Do people know what you stand for? Do they know the problem you solve for them?
Your brand, your content, is all about your story. It’s about who you are and why you’re here.
I am joined by Heather Roma. She is a screenwriter, branding strategist, and graphic designer who helps small business pioneers write their stories and create brands that truly connect.
In this episode, Heather and I discuss everything branding and the importance of knowing the story of your brand, in the context of podcasting and live streaming. She also shares her story of starting out in her business, how much she loves Star Wars, and how these relate to building her own brand over the years.
If you’re wondering how to better communicate your brand story, this episode is for you.
Highlights from the episode:
[00:20] The biggest issue on podcasting and live streaming
[2:00] Backstory on how I met Heather Roma
[03:52] What is a logline?
[7:00] What happens when you broaden your niche?
[9:10] How Heather started her business
[13:45] Writing your story down and getting it solidified in your mind
[16:38] Validating how your audience feels
[17:40] The myth about niching down
[22:00] Soliciting and taking feedback
[23:25] Open up
[25:10] Heather and her love for Star Wars
[27:50] A confused audience never buys
- If you’re just showing a general facade of who you are, there is no connection in that.
- Your brand is not a logo. Your brand is not a tagline. Your brand is you.
- You can’t address everyone in the world. You have to address your niche.
- We learn the hard way so that we can help people figure it out.
- Just because you have a niche does not mean you can not help someone outside of your niche.
- Feedback is really important in finding your niche.
- The more time you spend with people or the community, the more they get to know you.
- Over time, your brand takes on a life of its own.
- You are your brand.
- A brand is about connecting with an audience and establishing trust.
Connect and follow us!
Watch the full live episode with Heather on Youtube:
Join our exclusive communities:
Visit our website to sign up for our newsletter, learn more about us, our podcast Coaching programs, and get access to actionable podcasting content.