- 93. Sarabeth Berk Bickerton - Founder and Chief Creative Disruptor Bob Gerst 31:05
Dr. Sarabeth Berk Bickerton stands out as a preeminent authority in the realm of hybrid professional identity and career belonging. Her expertise has garnered recognition in esteemed publications such as Forbes, and she has delivered compelling talks as a TEDx speaker. Additionally, Dr. Bickerton is the author of “More Than My Title.”
Identifying as a “Creative Disruptor,” Sarabeth operates at the intersection of being an artist, researcher, educator, and designer. Her journey towards this realization was sparked by an identity crisis, during which she discovered the profound integration of these facets, realizing the inherent value therein. In her current role, she guides professionals in uncovering and articulating their hybrid professional identities, empowering them to showcase their uniqueness within the professional landscape.
During our conversation, we delved into various key aspects, exploring topics such as:
· Helped define and reshape the understanding that one's professional identity extends beyond mere job titles. that your professional identity is more than just your job title.
· Emphasized the importance of persistence, patience, and grounding in achieving success during the job search process.
· She explored the concept of a double introduction as a powerful technique for creating more impactful first impressions, and she provided concrete examples during our discussion.
· Highlighted the reciprocal nature of interviews, stressing that it's a two-way street where both the hiring manager and the candidate assess mutual fit and alignment of needs and interests.
· Offered insights into effective ways for candidates to articulate their skills and personal narrative, fostering more impactful communication.
· Delved into the three distinct types of professional identity, guiding individuals on self-discovery to determine their category and leverage this awareness to their advantage.
For more information, see: