- Helping teens deal with the uncertainty with Dr. Juliana Negreiros + Dr. Katherine Martinez Dr. Cam 31:17
If your teen gets easily overwhelmed or freezes when they need to make a decision, this episode is for you.
In this episode I’m joined by Dr. Juliana Negreiros and Dr. Katherine Martinez, psychologists and co-authors of Your anxious mind: A teen’s guide to anxiety and panic and Getting uncomfortable with uncertainty for Teens. We’re going to discuss how we can help our teens learn to manage their anxiety and stress through coping, problem-solving, and focusing on where they want to go.
3 Big Takeaways:
- Understanding that uncertainty takes the central stage of a teen’s life is key to helping them make room for and cope with it.
- Teens need validation before we start problem-solving.
- When our kids understand their passions, being brave and facing their fears becomes a lot easier
- Effective parenting starts with the end: we need to take the time to understand where we want our kids to end up so we can know where to begin.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others would appreciate the guidance and encouragement, please take a quick moment to rate and review. Reviews from my listeners are extremely valuable and greatly appreciated. Review on iTunes.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, YouTube, Google, Spotify. You can also subscribe from the podcast app on your mobile device or listen LIVE in my Private Facebook Group.