- Male Caregiving … Caring As a Man Kim Hegwood 17:14
When talking of caregivers we often think of women. While many times the caregiving duties fall on the shoulders of a woman there are also many men who have stepped up to the plate. They care for spouses, parents, and others they love. Today Kim Hegwood has a conversation with a male Caregiver, Eddie Orum about this topic.
Male Caregiving … Caring Like a Man
1. How many males are currently caregivers in the US?
2. When did you become a Caregiver?
3. What do you find that is different for men as caregivers?
4. What additional research is needed to support male caregivers?
5. Is there a need for a male-only support group?
Eddie Orum is currently an Adjunct Professor at the University of Houston Downtown in the department of Urban Education. He is a retired High School Principal, has worked in areas to support homeless children in the State of Texas, a school racial equity facilitator, has been a school board trainer for the Texas Association of School Boards, and is currently a community activist for the Houston 5th Ward and the Denver Harbor community.
Eddie is also a Caregiver for his aunt and his mother and is currently a volunteer for AARP.
Reach out to Eddie Orum
Telephone: (214) 458-6786
Contact Kim Hegwood- Elder Law Attorney
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HegwoodLaw