- Episode 49: Unlocking the Secrets of Open Enrollment 2023: Insider Tips for Getting the Healthcare insurance Coverage You Deserve. Sandy Kibling 20:02
Are you eager to obtain the healthcare coverage you truly deserve during open enrollment 2023?
Wondering how you can ensure you make the most informed decisions?
In this episode, you will gain the knowledge and resources to conquer the complex maze of open enrollment and secure the healthcare you deserve.
“Imagine if you could stop feeling paralyzed with fear and frustration and instead be empowered to make smart healthcare decisions for you and your family. ” ~ Sandy Kibling
What we will discuss:
- Discover the key differences between open enrollment and annual enrollment and deadlines and opportunities.
- Explore the pros and cons of purchasing health insurance on the exchange versus off the exchange and find the best option for your unique health care needs.
- Understand the essential health benefits required by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), so you can make informed decisions about the coverage you need for yourself and your family.
- Learn about the different types of managed care plans and how they can affect your healthcare choices in getting the healthcare you need.
- Uncover the valuable role of health insurance brokers in navigating the world of healthcare by, helping you find the best plans and providers for your specific situation.
Key points in the episode:
00:01:01 – Countdown to Open Enrollment 2024
Sandy explains that the purpose of the podcast is to help navigate the complex and expensive healthcare system, specifically focusing on buying health insurance. She mentions the availability of quick tips on Facebook and Instagram, as well as upcoming podcasts with guests providing advice on standard commercial insurance and Medicare Advantage plans.
00:02:08 – Open Enrollment vs. Annual Enrollment
Sandy explains that open enrollment is a specified period where individuals can start, stop, or change their health insurance coverage.
00:04:22 – On the Exchange vs. Off the Exchange
Sandy discusses the difference between purchasing health insurance on the exchange (through the health insurance marketplace) and off the exchange (directly from an insurance provider or through an agent/broker).
00:09:51 – Choosing the Right Plan
Sandy advises evaluating healthcare needs, risk aversion, and ability to pay when choosing a health insurance plan.
00:14:41 – Understanding Different Types of Health Insurance Plans
Learn about exclusive provider organization (EPO), health maintenance organization (HMO), point of service plan (POS), and preferred provider organization (PPO) health insurance plans.