- CEOs: Get Your Edge Quickly from Competitor 10-Ks! Birgit Kamps, Board Member, CEO Blindspots® Podcast Host (3 min) Birgit Kamps 3:27
Discover how the right AI tool can quickly help you get an edge, from your competitor’s 10-K reports! (3 minute podcast episode).
Claude AI is a generative tool that goes beyond just text generation, to provide leaders wisdom and foresight. It has comprehension and reasoning abilities, large file handling, reduced bias, strategic recommendations, and contextual and predictive analysis capabilities when prompted correctly.
To listen to Birgit’s 4-minute podcast episode with the R.O.A.D.S. formula she created to help leaders effectively use AI tools like Claude, ChatGPT, and Bard;
To get your edge quickly from competitor 10-K’s, by using Claude ai;
Step 1) Open Claude.ai; https://claude.ai/ (and up-grade to the paid version of $20/mo if you plan to use it a lot for large files). And no, I don’t get $ from Claude for referring it.
Step 2) Download the 10-K reports you want analyzed via this SEC website under the Edgar tab, and then save them in pdf form, and then up-load them into Claude;
Step 3) Give Claude an effective prompt* after up-loading the pdf files.
*NOTE: Refer to Birgit’s R.O.A.D.S. prompting formula in her previous podcast episode (see link above), and/or “copy and paste” the following R.O.A.D.S. prompt referred to in this 3-minute podcast episode, to save time getting the edge you want;
You are a veteran investor and analyst like Warren Buffett studying these 10-K reports to inform your decision-making.
The analysis is for me and to present findings to my investors, composed of experienced private equity and venture capital leaders ages 40-75.
Please analyze (company name A) and (company name B)’s attached 10-K filings and provide:
– A one page executive summary highlighting the key financial performance, business strategies, and trends for each company based on the 10-Ks. Format this as bullet points.
– A SWOT analysis for each company in a table format, identifying at least 3 strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats that emerge from insights in the respective 10-Ks.
– For the SWOT analysis, include clear connections between the 10-K findings and the resulting SWOT factors. For example, a new technology investment highlighted in the 10-K could connect to a “strength” in the SWOT.
– Focus the summary and analysis on providing strategic implications and insights most relevant for the board.
– Exclude the raw financial statements data, instead focusing on high-level performance review and strategic assessment based on the 10-K filings.
CEO Blindspots® podcast host: Birgit Kamps.
Investors and CEOs rely on Birgit to quickly discover blind spots holding their organization back, and accelerate leadership effectiveness. Her professional experience includes starting and selling an “Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Company” and a “Best Company to Work for in Texas”, and serving as a Board Member with various companies.
In addition, Birgit is the host of the CEO Blindspots® Podcast which was recognized by Spotify for having the “biggest listener growth” in the USA by 733%; https://www.ceoblindspots.com/
To ask questions about this or one of the 200+ other CEO Blindspots® Podcast episodes, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org