- #49: Big Insights from a Tiny House: Risk, Time, and Listening in Great Business Writing Park Howell, Brand Story Strategist 42:16
Ann Handley, Chief Content Officer at MarketingProfs, joins the Business of Story Podcast to share her long writing process, the rewards of taking risks, and why one should always put the audience first.
The Business of Story is sponsored by Emma, Convince & Convert, and Oracle.
- Emma helps marketers everywhere send smart, stylish email newsletters, promotions, and automated campaigns, and help us all rest a little easier knowing our marketing emailing is doing its job. Check out their newest publication at Myemma.com/click.
- Each day the team at Convince & Convert picks a topic and sends you the three best resources ever created about that topic. It’s topical, it’s timely, it’s useful, so go to definitivedigest.com and subscribe to their email newsletter now.
- Oracle Marketing Cloud offers an introduction to marketing automation, with tips that marketers need to automate and optimize.
In This Episode
- Why it’s okay to take your time when creating content
- How to overcome fears to become a better writer
- Why self editing is essential and not doing it is disrespectful
- How to take bigger risks after careful study of your goals
- Why you must think about the audience’s point of view when creating
- How to merge compelling storytelling with business writing
- Ann Handley
- Ann Handley on Twitter, @annhandley
- MarketingProfs on Twitter, @MarketingProfs
- Social Media Marketing World
- “Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content” by Ann Handley
- The Slack Variety Pack
- “The Hero’s Journey,” by Joseph Campbell
- “Your DIY Guide to Crafting and Telling Compelling Brand Stories that Sell,” by Park Howell
Visit http://bit.ly/BizofStory for more insights from your favorite storytellers.