- #46: How Following Your Bliss Can Lead to Better Business Park Howell, Brand Story Strategist 45:45
Pat Solomon, filmmaker and director, joins the Business of Story Podcast to shine a light on how story is inherent in all humanity, the high purpose of the journey, and the storyteller that is inside all of us.
The Business of Story is sponsored by Emma, Convince & Convert, and Oracle.
- Emma helps marketers everywhere send smart, stylish email newsletters, promotions, and automated campaigns, and help us all rest a little easier knowing our marketing emailing is doing its job. Check out their newest publication at Myemma.com/click.
- Each day the team at Convince & Convert picks a topic and sends you the three best resources ever created about that topic. It’s topical, it’s timely, it’s useful, so go to definitivedigest.com and subscribe to their email newsletter now.
- Oracle Marketing Cloud offers an introduction to marketing automation, with tips that marketers need to automate and optimize.
In This Episode
- How a deep understanding of story structure can help your advertising
- How following your greatest passion can release business success
- Why it’s all about the ups and downs of the journey
- How we are all wired to understand our surroundings through story
- How to keep Moving when going through a creative rough patch
- Why it’s so important to understand Joseph Campbell’s “Hero’s Journey”
- Pat Solomon on Twitter, @findingjoemovie
- Bill Moyers’ PBS Interview Series
- Arizona State University
- Robert McKee’s Story Seminar
- World Surf League
- Joseph Campbell Foundation
- “The Hero’s Journey,” by Joseph Campbell
- “Your DIY Guide to Crafting and Telling Compelling Brand Stories that Sell,” by Park Howell
Visit http://bit.ly/BizofStory for more insights from your favorite storytellers.