- The Vagal - Vocal Connection Part 2 by Jackie Warner Judy Rodman 20:29
This is the audio version of the blogpost you can find at AllThingsVocal.com.
Today’s topic is about how the Vagas nerve impacts the voice. This is Part 2, by guest podcaster Jackie Warner, who is a Functional Medicine practitioner. Listen to this podcast to find ways to reduce chronic stress, balance and nurture the body, and strengthen vagal tone.
This podcast is now playing at iTunes , Google Play, TuneIn Radio. Subscribe and don’t miss an episode… and please leave a review where you like to listen! REVIEWS ARE MUCH NEEDED and APPRECIATED!
If you’d like more information on developing, increasing and protecting your vocal health, signup for my newsletter and get my 5 page vocal health report. See the signup box at www.judyrodman.com.
Find the author of this episode, Jackie Warner, and her wellness services at Thrive Health and Wellness Clinic, Nolensville, Tennessee.
Topics covered in this episode include:
- Stress and its impact on the body
- Balancing two parts of the autonomic nervous system: The sympathetic (fight or flight) and the parasympathetic (the brakes).
- Stress response signals, adrenaline rush
- What happens when stress becomes distress
- Symptoms of adrenal overdrive or depletion
- Jackie’s 4 steps to reset your stress response to heal anxiety
Links mentioned in this podcast include:
- Institute for Functional Medicine
- Dr. Golubic
- Heart Math emWave
- Thrive Health and Wellness Clinic
- Headspace app
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Selenium benefits
Very special thanks to our expert Jackie Warner for writing the article that I (Judy) am narrating for this episode. She is a board-certified nurse practitioner in family practice and functional medicine. Combining her diagnosis and treatment-based experience in hospital care with a functional medicine approach to identifying and eliminating the underlying causes of disease and dysfunction is Jackie’s passion, and her Thrive Health & Wellness Clinic, located in Nolensville, Tennessee, is its expression.