One of my cousins sent me this as I was born in Saskatchewan. My first thought was these are the reasons my parents left the province when I was three. I love my cousins and I do like Saskatchewan, but there is a limit to following some of the rules
1. Pull your droopy pants up. You look like an idiot.
2. Turn your cap straight, your head isn’t crooked.
3. Let’s get this straight; it’s called a ‘dirt road.’ I drive a pickup truck because I want to. No matter how slow you drive, you’re going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get the hell out of my way.
4. They are cattle. They’re live steaks. That’s why they smell funny to you. But they smell like money to us. Get over it. Don’t like it? Hwy 1 goes east and west, Hwy 6 goes north and south. Pick one and leave.
5. So you have a $60,000 car. We’re impressed. We have $395,000 combines that are driven only 3 weeks a year.
6. So every person in rural Saskatchewan waves. It’s called ‘being friendly , try to understand the concept
7. If that cell phone rings while an 8-point buck and 3 does are coming in, we WILL shoot it out of your hand. You better hope you don’t have it up to your ear at the time
8. Yeah, we eat meat and potatoes. You really want sushi & caviar? It’s available at the corner bait shop.
9. The ‘Opener’ refers to the first day of deer hunting season. It’s a religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November
10. We open doors for ladies. That is applied to all ladies, regardless of age
11. There’s little here for ‘vegetarians’ on the menu. Order steak. Or you can order the Chef’s Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham & turkey
12. Our meals have three main dishes: meat, vegetables and potatoes. We use three spices: salt, pepper and ketchup.
13. You bring ‘coke’ into my house, it better be brown, wet and served over ice.
14. You bring ‘Mary Jane’ into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck and have long hair.
15. Saskatchewan Hockey League and Minor Hockey is as important here as the Calgary Flames and the Edmonton Oilers and more fun to watch.
16. We have more golf courses per capita than anywhere else in the world. But don’t hit the water hazards — it spooks the fish.
17. Three inches of snow & ice isn’t a blizzard – it’s a vacation. The pickups with snow blades and tractors with snow blowers will have you out the next day.
18 The Saskatchewan Rough Riders are the Football team of the whole province and are loved in every nook and cranny of the beautiful land.
A true Saskatchewanian tell others about the post
Money will buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.
Originally Published on https://boomersnotsenior.blogspot.com/