- Episode 80: Tom Hine, CFP®, CFS®, MBA & His Book, The Balanced Wealth Approach: Secrets To Living Long And Living Rich John M Jaramillo 1:32:25
Episode 80: Tom Hine, CFP®, CFS®, MBA & His Book, The Balanced Wealth Approach: Secrets To Living Long And Living Rich
In this episode, Tom, a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, author, and founder and CEO of Capital Wealth Management, shares with me how there should be comparable focus on both wealth and health when it comes to our futures — even in his field of wealth management.
Through his own journey in finance (the numbers) and karate, meditation, yoga (the physical and the mind), he demonstrates that he’s living what he’s preaching.
The message he shares with his clients, into which he does a deep dive with me here, is a great reminder that we can’t take anything for granted. The world is changing, and so how we respond to and live within it also needs to change and become both more intentional and mindful. “You need a 5G mindset to live within a 5G world.”
What I appreciated most in Tom’s message in his book and in the thoughts he shares here is the reminder to be healthier so that we can enjoy what we’ve accomplished.
That wisdom was sparked in Tom when he chose to focus more on his health, through karate as a younger professional, instead of merely climbing the corporate ladder. Financial and career success would not be sufficient to uphold and maintain his mindset.
“Drastic times call for drastic measures.” This well-known quote comes to mind as Tom talks about how we have to offset all the negative in the world and work on ourselves to achieve the best performance and strongest longevity to move forward and enjoy ourselves and our communities.
We need to look for, take into account, and harness what it is we can control to make progress for ourselves.
- You want to be the CEO of your own health
- When the mind is quiet, the world will show itself to you
- Don’t be afraid to go back to the past and figure out what makes you whole
- “A healthy person has a thousand wishes, a sick person only one” (Don’t take that for granted.)
MENTIONED OR APPLICABLE BOOKS
- Tom’s Other Books
- What Color Is Your Parachute? by Richard Nelson Bolles
- The Gap and The Gain: The High Achievers’ Guide to Happiness, Confidence, and Success Hardcover by Dan
Sullivan & Dr.Benjamin Hardy
- Life Force: How New Breakthroughs in Precision Medicine Can Transform the Quality of Your Life & Those You Love Hardcover by Tony Robbins, Peter H. Diamandis, Robert Hariri
The MAIN QUESTION underlying my conversation with Tom is, How are you focusing on health in order to move forward with longevity, ensuring you’re not taking what you have for granted?
Tom Hine is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and the author of The Balanced Wealth Approach: Secrets to Living Long and Living Rich. He has over three decades of experience in the industry and is the founder and CEO of Capital Wealth Management in Glastonbury, CT. However, what makes Tom unique is his holistic approach to financial planning. He believes that true success is not just about building wealth but also about
maintaining good health so that you can enjoy the fruits of your labor. Drawing from his background as a financial planner and a fourth-degree black belt in Shotokan Karate, Tom aims to incorporate health and wellness into his financial strategies. Tom hopes to help his clients work towards their financial goals while also inspiring them to lead healthier and more fulfilling lives.
LEARN MORE ABOUT TOM
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/hinetom/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CapitalWealthCT
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CapitalWealthCT
- Website: https://thebalancedwealthapproach.com/
- Company: www.capitalwm.com
Watch the episode on
Learn more about The
Book Leads: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/got-lead-great-book-thats-impacted-your-work-life-me-john/