- Compassionate Caregiving: Creating a Safe, Efficient, and Fulfilling Life with Consuela Marshall, Occupational Therapist & Founder of Finding A Foothold willGather, Nicole Will 43:10
Family caregivers often assist their loved ones with a variety of activities of daily living, such as dressing, bathing, meal preparation, household tasks, doctor’s appointments, and medication management. However, at times it can feel overwhelming and it’s common to struggle with finding ways to be efficient.
I’m delighted to introduce today’s guest, Consuela Marshall, founder of Finding A Foothold. Consuela’s caregiving journey began when her daughter was born with physical limitations and later became the primary Caregiver for her mom after she suffered multiple strokes. With over 25 years of experience as an occupational therapist, Consuela recognized the need to help family caregivers create a more manageable and less emotionally and physically draining caregiving life.
Consuela’s compassionate heart and first-hand experience as a certified aging in place specialist, fall prevention specialist, and occupational therapist have given her a deep understanding of the struggles that family caregivers face. I’ve had the pleasure of connecting with Consuela and I’m thrilled to have her on the show today. Her genuine care for others shines through as she shares practical advice on how we can live a fulfilling life while caring for our loved ones. Thank you, Consuela, for sharing your insights with us today!
Consuela shares about:
- How caregiving shaped her compassion in bringing caregiving support to families
- The struggles that family caregivers face
- How she found her foothold
- How we find boundaries and balance in caregiving
- The ways we can start on the path that can lead to easier days and brighter days
- How caregiving looks different for every person, and every family, no two are exactly alike
- She gives us permission to create an environment that supports our caregiving
- Empowering our loved ones to live their full lives
- Where we can learn more and work with Consuela
Learn more at FindingAFoothold.com
Finding A Foothold Coaching and Consulting Services is devoted to improving the quality of the life of the Caregiver and therefore enhancing the life of the care recipient.
The aim is to arm caregivers with the skills needed to deliver care to their loved ones in a manner that is safe and efficient, equipping them with the tools needed to identify needs, set in place safety measures and strategies, and create a team of support which allows them to thrive and have successes and victories in the midst of the challenges of caregiving.
*This episode is brought to you by Gigi Betty co. A boutique gift shop raising awareness and funds for caregivers and care partners. Show now at www.gigibettyco.com. Use the special code WILLGATHER20 for 20% off your order- Just for our podcast listeners!
We are not medical professionals and are not providing any medical advice. If you have any medical questions, we recommend that you talk with a medical professional of your choice. willGather has taken care in selecting its speakers but the opinions of our speakers are theirs alone. Thank you for your continued interest in our podcasts.
Please follow for updates, rate & review!
For more information about our guest, podcast & sponsorship opportunities, visit www.willgatherpodcast.com
Nicole Will is our host and founder of willGather.