- Comfort in being a novice: Holding your space and being undeniable at what you do Lucy Rowell 37:58
This week I share an insightful conversation I had with Jenn Cordz. Jenn is the co-founder and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at Avnir.
Jenn is leading the digital transformation of two decades of professional services methodology into a Generative AI-enabled platform to digitize strategic relationship identification, nurturing, development, and capitalization.
She currently serves on two non-profit Boards, lending her expertise to various environmental and sustainability initiatives. Jenn is also the Captain of the United States Women's Fly Fishing team.
What you’ll hear about:
- Finding what your passionate about
- Sticking up for your core values
- Continually re-evaluating whether your core values align with who you are today
- Asking questions with the intent of learning
- Being confident in being a beginner and not looking bad
- The exponential learning curve working in a start-up company
- The importance of holding your space
- Rely on your skills & be undeniable at what you do
- You don’t have to be the smartest in the room, but you need to contribute in a valuable way
- Find your allies
- Leadership is not an inherent trait
- Paying attention to the fundamentals when it comes to leadership
- Continual feedback loops & maintaining your curiosity
- Pay attention to the things not being said or opportunities not being offered
- Asking good questions if you want good answers
- Invest in others and yourself
- The importance of continual learning
Weekly Challenge : Create a time in your calendar (10-30 mins) to improve your own self-growth
Power of Music : Perfect by P!NK