- Heal Your Spirit, Find Your Voice Interview With Life Coach Terry Smith Judy Rodman 33:12
This is the audio version of the blogpost you can find at AllThingsVocal.com.
Today’s topic is my interview with founder of Coaching Life Matters Dr. Terry S. Smith. We talked about how psychology affects voice… about how healing the spirit lets you find your unique and authentic voice, as well as a much better life.
This podcast is now playing at iTunes , Google Play, TuneIn Radio. Subscribe and don’t miss an episode… and please leave a review where you like to listen! REVIEWS ARE MUCH NEEDED and APPRECIATED!
If you’d like more information to powering and protecting your singing and speaking voice, check out Power, Path & Performance vocal training at www.judyrodman.com.
You can find Terry S. Smith for help and to donate to his highly recommended nonprofit at www.coachinglifematters.com.
Points covered in this interview include:
- Terry’s background – his dysfunctional childhood and adolescence, his deep questioning, and his spiritual quest for truth.
- How he used singing to find joy, to connect to his inner being, to create brain endorphins, and to question what is real.
- The power of gratitude.
- What Terry experienced in vocal lessons.
- Terry’s training in listening helps people learn to listen to their own voice and questions.
- Three core beliefs that determine our actions: security & survival, protection & esteem (love), power & control.
- How finding true voices can help successful entertainers can avoid feeling fake.
- Terry’s core method of life Coaching is mapping people’s stories. His Coaching initiates the healing power of understanding your own story.
- The parts education, process, discipline and decision plays in healing and finding the true self and voice.
- How we act from the 12 year old inside who was wounded. How children are the best recorders and worst interpreters.
- 95% of people’s behavior can come from believing the lie that they are not worthy of love.
- God as compost maker
- Be careful what you’re looking for (you’ll find it). Look for truth with an open mind. Look in your history for those who validated and affirmed you.
- How authenticity can power songs and speeches.
- A conversation between Peter and Jesus.
- The power of living out of knowing you are loved.
- The impact of enlightened voices on others.
Links mentioned in this podcast include: