- Joe Yogerst PatZi 21:44
100 Trails, 5000 Ideas by Joe Yogerst
Joe Yogerst is one of my favorite guests! I just love to talk to a happy writer—and how could you not be happy with the job he’s got writing for National Geographic. The latest in his great books with travel ideas for all of us is 100 Trails, 5000 Ideas. It is an absolute joy to spend hours reading this book. Joe has had lots of fun working on all the great ideas to help us imagine what the trails are like and then INSPIRE US TO GET UP AND GO!
Thanks, Joe! Finally I am interested in actually going to Hawaii.
A perfect gift for anyone you know—it will be much appreciated and treasured.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Inspiring and comprehensive, this book offers something for everyone, from beginners looking for an easy day-hike (the tow path along the C&O Canal in Maryland) to advanced trekkers seeking multi-week excursions (the famed multi-state Continental Divide Trail). You’ll also discover:
- Tips for exploring Washington’s Elliott Bay Trail along the Seattle Waterfront
- Routes for hiking the Grand Canyon, rim to rim, in Arizona
- Advice for conquering Wisconsin’s “Ice Age” Trail
- The fascinating history behind Georgia’s Kennesaw Mountain Battlefield Trail
- The best way to see the falls along New York’s Niagara Falls Gorge Trails
- How to trek the Plain of the Six Glaciers in Banff National Park
- And so much more!
Listen to PatZi’s Interview
with Joe Yogerst
February 16, 2023