- Should I Stay or Should I Go? Knowing when it's time to leave your job Louise Neil & Kim Romain 35:53
Should I stay or should I go?
The Clash asked this important question back in 1981. It’s something we should all ask ourselves on a regular basis. Is this job, organization, project, relationship, or environment serving me? Can changes be made to make work for me? Or, should I just go?
Very often, leaving can be hard and painful, even if it’s leaving a circumstance that no longer serves us. Endings are hard. And knowing when to leave – before it gets to the point of toxic and damaging – is a skill worth learning.
This week, Kim and Louise dive into the heart of the matter and share thoughts on how to know when, prepare for, and take steps to leave a situation that is no longer serving you so you can step into your next level of growth and expansion.
* Weekly Wrap-up – did we reach our intentions for the week?
* Louise discusses giving herself grace this week. (00:48)
* Kim talks about allowing herself to feel what she needed to in the heaviness of the week. (2:04)
* Weekly Topic – “I QUIT!” – How do you know when it’s time? (4:55)
* Why do you think it is so hard to leave a job/company/whatever? Kim and Louise uncover how it felt for them and how they knew when it was time to leave. (5:23)
* Kim notes “turning the tables” and asking why should I stay instead of why should I go. (6:40)
* Feeling “disconnected” before asking the question. (9:05)
* Realizing that at times you may not even be aware you were asking “the” question. (11:20)
* What is your responsibility to your team? (20:35)
* Putting on your oxygen mask first. (21:15)
* Why are you crying in the bathroom? (25:15)
* Whatever is wrong in one position/job will follow you to the next unless you deal with it first. (29:40)
* Find out what golden nuggets Louise and Kim took away from today’s discussion. (34:05)
Join Kim and Louise each Friday at 2pm ET / 1pm CT / 12pm MT / 11am PT to discuss topics such as the future of work, leadership development, and creating mindset shifts so you can create your own unique Kickass Career.
If you’re ready to think outside the box when it comes to how work fits into your life (and not the other way around), this show is for you!
Connect with us directly:
You can find Kim at https://www.kimromain.com, as well as on LinkedIn @kimromain and on Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok @thekimromain
You can find Louise at https://louiseneil.com and on LinkedIn @louise-neil
Don’t forget to email your questions, comments, outbursts, and suggestions at email@example.com and find out more about you Your Kickass Career Quiz and us Your Kickass Career Collective