- 158: Empty Nest Success When The Path Becomes Clear & Guest LaTrina Rogers on What She Wishes Parents of College Students Knew 💚 Christine Maziarz 19:31
Podcast episode artwork is a selfie on a sunrise walk. This is real life.
Hello, my amazing friend. 👋
Life will continue to test your thoughts about everything. Be cognizant of what is going on in your mind, as it is game-changing.
As always, I’m cheering you on! 🎉
💬 “No one was ever in my way more than I allowed them to be AND no one was ever in my way more than I was.”
This Episode is Brought To You By
Episode Topics & Their Minute Markers
- 00:00 Podcast intro
- 01:21 Roe versus Wade
- 02:22 Quick Reminders
- 03:30 My Wish For You Today
- 04:02 New Things: Patron Membership & Curated Episodes
- 04:46 My Lessons Learned: Sometimes things get easier the more you embrace them – my name change
- 11:52 Ask Coach Christine: I’m feeling good about the Empty Nest ahead
- 12:57 What’s In Your Life’s Toolbox? Try Something New
- 14:27 Guest LaTrina Rogers shares what she wishes parents knew
- 17:44 Two Questions For You
- bloopers 😂
- 19:02 Still listening?
Episode Questions For You To Consider
- Are you able to identify thoughts that don’t serve you throughout the day?
- Is there something you’ve been wanting to try?
💚 Send audio feedback to Coach Christine now: voicemail/text to 920-LIFEWIN (920-543-3946).
First Time Here? Try This Order of Episodes
- The Your Empty Nest Coach Podcast Trailer
- Series 1: Empty Nest Prep – starts in episode #3
- Series 2: The C.E.O. of Your Life – starts in episode #64 (Protector is introduced)
- Series 3: The C.E.O. Toolbox – starts at episode #88
- Last Episode: Listen to this episode when you need help in appreciating the past and need some self-prioritization tips (#157)
- What if Affirmation: Open Eyes – Empty Nest Success
- Your Empty Nest Coach Patron Membership
- Join the C.E.O. Training Team
- Name Change – Members Behind the Scenes Video
- What It is Like to Work With Coach Christine
LaTrina Rogers, M.S. Ed. is the Director of Residential Life at Ranken Technical College in St. Louis, MO. Driven by a passion for student success, she assists college students to find their voice for self advocacy and implement responsibility and independence while living on campus. A Student Affairs Professional with 19 years experience in higher education, LaTrina has worked in a variety of roles including Admissions, Academic Advising, Veterans Advising and currently Residence Life.
Her goal to encourage student independence led to the creation of her brand “The Dorm Mom”. LaTrina’s brand has launched with the goal of Coaching parents to transition from leading their students to supporting them as they embark on independence while experiencing student housing on their college campus. She also writes for CollegiateParent a magazine and website for parents preparing their students to attend college.
Dedicated to encouraging and helping others, LaTrina serves the community with several organizations. She serves on the Board of Directors of Valeda’s Hope, a community support breast cancer organization. As the President of the Board of Advisors for The Hurston & Hughes Literary Circle, LaTrina supports the literary exposure to students of authors of the Black and Brown diaspora. LaTrina also served the American Heart Association in St. Louis over 15 years as a volunteer with the Multicultural Committee (Chair 2012-2014) and winner of the Community Impact Award. She is also a member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.which serves the community based on its founding principles of Scholarship, Service, Sisterhood, and Finer Womanhood.
* affiliate link to SupaPass – which powers our community! Should you purchase using the link, I make a commission.