- SE4: EP 17 How To Get Started with Decluttering and Organising Your Home and Life Clarissa Kristjansson 34:08
Menopause can be a time of life when we can feel overwhelmed by our stuff and mess. Or we simply want to do a massive clear out, after all this time life has been called The Great Clean.
But before your get started tune into this week’s episode. My guest is Ingrid Jansen, a professional organiser, declutter expert, and owner of Organise Your House and The Declutter Hub. Past President of APDO – Association of Professional Declutterers and Organisers in the UK with over 1200 decluttering jobs under her belt.
We talk about:
- Why did Ingrid and her business partner Lesley set up the Declutter Hub?
- What are the key emotions involved in Clutter?
- Where do you start when your whole house is a mess?
- Why is preparation so important when you’re decluttering and what is a donation station?
- Are there other benefits to decluttering?
My biggest takeouts were that
- Preparation is key for a successful declutter
- You need to start small and in easier areas
- Decluttering and organising are not about the stuff, but about the emotions connected to the stuff.
You connect with The Declutter Hub through their website https://declutterhub.com/, learn more about their work, and their membership programme, tune into their highly successful podcast and join their Facebook group.
Do check out my blog on the website too https://declutterhub.com/Menopause/ and my interview with Ingrid.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, and share it. Please leave a review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening to podcasts. Thank you!
Follow Clarissa on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/thrivingthr… and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/thrivethrumeno
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/thriving-thru-menopause/exclusive-content
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy