- SE3:27 Food and Lifestyle solutions for Menopause and Longevity Clarissa Kristjansson 35:39
My guest Dr Leslie Kasanoff a holistic chiropractor and health coach focused on holistic health and nutrition. She works with women who want to lose weight, address hormone issues, and resolve or reverse chronic health issues, not just treat them, using food and lifestyle as medicine.
We talk about:
- Leslie’s own Menopause journey and how changing her diet healed her gut and reduced her brain fog
- How mass-produced foods are contributors to our hormone issues
- Why reducing animal food intake & eliminating dairy is key to managing perimenopause symptoms.
- Why getting down to your ideal weight before perimenopause is important
- The big myth about dairy and osteoporosis prevention
- What we can learn from the Asian traditional diet in managing Menopause symptoms
- What a whole food/true Mediterranean diet really looks like
- The role of fermented foods in gut health
You can connect with Dr Leslie through her website https://www.drlesliek.com/
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, share it and leave us a 5* review on iTunes or wherever you’re listening.
Order the ebook Clarissa’s book The Mindful Menopause
Find all our podcast episodes and recent blogs at https://www.thrivethrumenopause.com/
Check out Clarissa’s online self-paced My Mindful Menopause, an introduction to the benefits and practices of mindfulness in Menopause
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/thriving-thru-menopause/exclusive-content
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy