- S5: EP 28 The EASY Way to Live Well with Autoimmunity into Post-Menopause Clarissa Kristjansson 48:53
My guest this week is Dr. Krista Coombs, a Chinese medicine practitioner for over 20 years, and in the last decade, she has integrated functional medicine into her practice. This has enhanced her ability to help patients, allowing them to regain their health and thrive, even in the face of debilitating diagnoses.
Having experienced managing a complex autoimmune condition, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, she realized the importance of prioritizing the fundamentals of health. It is crucial to master these fundamentals before or at least while delving deeper for answers through advanced testing, supplements, and medications.
After realizing the importance of establishing the foundations for healing in a low-cost and empowered way, Dr. K developed an online group program called “The EASY Way with Dr. K”. This program teaches individuals how to reset their stubborn metabolism, manage weight appropriately, and improve the functioning of the body’s many interrelated systems. The program is based on a 4 EASY Foundational Pillar approach to increase health span.
- Krista’s personal journey with Hashimoto’s and how did that influence her to become an integrative health practitioner, combining Chinese medicine and Functional medicine?
- And what is happening in Functional medicine today that is changing the practice of medicine?
- What do you believe people need in order to manage autoimmune conditions, especially as they enter perimenopause more easily?
- Her best advice for achieving and keeping better health, even when living with an autoimmune condition like Hashimoto’s thyroiditis or other chronic inflammatory conditions?
- Krista’s biggest lessons learned from her experience, so far, living with Hashimoto’s through peri-Menopause and are now in the early years of post-Menopause?
- If she had a magic wand and could revisit her younger self, what health advice would she want to share with her?
Connect with Dr Krista Coombs https://www.drkristacoombs.com/
🙋🏼Follow on Instagram for tips & more:
My Affiliate links:
Hello Inside Menopause Companion Program
The Healing Trauma Community
L I N K S
Work with Me https://clarissakristjansson.com/
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/thriving-thru-menopause/donations
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy