- Episode 43: Lisa Hammet & From Burnout to Best Life: How To Take Charge Of Your Health & Happiness John M Jaramillo 1:08:45
The Book Leads – Episode 43: Lisa Hammet & From Burnout to Best Life: How To Take Charge Of Your Health & Happiness
Because of the nature (and timeliness) of the book, I wanted to read it before our conversation.
From Burnout to Best Life really is a manual and tool box of insights, experiences, and exercises to put the knowledge Lisa shares into action. Lisa has lived the burnt-out life. She’s used the personal challenges and struggles she endured as the foundation for this book, being open and vulnerable about her own journey.
Some highlights from this episode:
- The power of how the past can shape us.
- How people look at joy and happiness as a destination, attaching value to the end.
- The power of mental fitness, shifting to the right brain in the positive right brain for a clear-headed focus, peace, calm, the ability to see the big picture, create great communication and optimal health.
In this post I listed some takeaways I gained from Lisa’s book: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/jmjaramillo_books-reading-writing-activity-7038539881790238720-3Vp-?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop
The MAIN QUESTION for you, which underlies my conversation with Lisa is, how are you taking care of yourself in the everyday to avoid burn out, preparing in advance of when you meet that challenge?
Bio: Lisa Hammett is the international best-selling author of From Burnout to Best Life, a TEDx speaker, and a Success Coach, helping stressed and burned out business owners and executives develop mental fitness to manage stress and get healthy. After 26 years in the corporate retail sector, she reached burnout. Upon leaving the industry she lost 65 pounds and became a Wellness Coach for one of the largest global weight loss companies. For the past 11 years she has helped thousands of members develop sustainable healthy habits to lose weight and get healthy. In May of 2020 she started her Success Coaching practice, incorporating Life Coaching. She is currently working on her Positive Intelligence certification.
Learn more about Lisa and her work:
· The book: https://www.amazon.com/Burnout-Best-Life-charge-happiness/dp/1667866508/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3KWYWRUERVMDM&keywords=from+burnout+to+best+life&qid=1678805435&sprefix=from+burnout+to+best+life%2Caps%2C96&sr=8-1
Watch the episode on YouTube: https://lnkd.in/ey_KTZe
Learn more about The Book Leads: https://lnkd.in/eFb76ck