- Episode 27: Prati Kaufman & The Alchemist John M Jaramillo 53:29
The Book Leads – Episode 27: Prati Kaufman & The Alchemist
For this episode, Prati, a Marketing & Human Energy Expert – and close friend, collaborator, coach, and confidant of mine – breaks down The Alchemist with me. Books were her gateway to the world, both while growing up in India and in her travels across the globe before coming to the U.S.
She shares how it was an innate curiosity with the support of family and community that influenced her to seek more, to discover what was always beyond that moment. She shares how she read this book later in life, but how it solidified her path, showing her the meaning in each step to now – and beyond. (It’s about time I got around to this book. I’ve been hearing about it for years, with its consummate inclusion on top ten read lists.)
Prati and I have covered various themes that are touched upon in The Alchemist in our podcast Mindset Talks: Life Beyond The Checkboxes, such as fear of failure, destiny, motivation. So many of our ongoing conversations run parallel to the spirit of the book – What are we here for? What are we meant for? What is our personal legend? (Check out the latest episode here: https://bit.ly/3auuFTW)
Some highlights we touch upon in this episode:
- The fact that sometimes you don’t understand what you’re going through until you look back on your path at a later time.
- What it means to really live each day intentionally.
- The power of childlike innocence, wonder, and imagination, which we tend to have programmed out of us.
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
- Harry and the Terrible Whatzit by Dick Gackenbach
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz
The MAIN QUESTION for you, which underlies my conversation with Prati is, What is it we’re doing about our own personal dreams? Are we pursuing or forfeiting it/them? What is your dream?
Bio: Prati is a leading Global Marketing and Human Energy Expert based out of West Hartford, CT. After 20+ years in marketing across the globe working with everyone from local entrepreneurs to Fortune 500+ corporations, she quit her job four years ago. In those four years she has grown from a one-person company to a full-service marketing agency. Her agency helps small business owners get in front of the right audience with laser-focused, integrated marketing
Learn more about Prati: www.pratikaufman.com
Watch the episode on YouTube: https://lnkd.in/ey_KTZe
Learn more about The Book Leads: https://lnkd.in/eFb76ck