- The Ups and Downs of Law Firms with Bowen Law Firm feat. Boë Bowen Beefy Marketing 36:19
Welcome back to The Beef! During today’s episode, we’re setting a new bar for our guests with Boe Bowen from Bowen Law Firm – pun intended. He’s joining us in conversation today to tell his story, and reveal the ups and downs of working across many areas of law. Boe attributes his success to his wife having believed in him since they met as teenagers, and celebrates the team of lawyers that enable him to work on such a wide variety of cases. We touch on having difficult conversations with clients, and which areas of law are his most and least favorite to work on. You’ll hear about in-office dynamics and why hiding hiccups from the boss is never a good idea, before hearing about merch, events, and where you can find Bowen Law Firm. Objectivity is a theme of this discussion, and Boe tells the story of how he sometimes goes as far as to recommend that clients don’t move forward with their divorce. His goal is for his clients to make money, not himself, and while he may be accused of bad business for that reason, he loves the work that he does! Thanks for tuning in.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Introducing today’s guest, Boe Bowen, with Bowen Law Firm.
- Icebreaker question: who drives?
- Dropping out of high school, joining the navy, and eventually becoming an attorney.
- What his firm offers including family law, estate planning, civil litigation, and more.
- The price tag and time attached to each different kind of case.
- Why adoption cases are his favorite to deal with.
- Why most people want to fight in a divorce case, and why objectivity is important.
- Having hard conversations with clients and telling them the difficult truths.
- The six lawyers in his office and what the typical process of engaging with them is.
- Why hiding problems from the boss creates an even bigger problem.
- Their Champions location: 14202 Champion Forest Drive and 13103 FM 1960 West, Suite 216, Houston, Texas.
- How to reach them via phone on 713-574-7777 between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
- The areas where Boe is able to practice law in Texas and the US.
- How he uses his merch with clients and beyond.
- The event he is hosting at his newly renovated office, most likely on 7 May.
- How long it takes to become an attorney.
- Why you should definitely get involved with CERT.
- The Stop the Bleed class that is offered at Bowen Law Firm for clients and visitors.
- Approaching conversations where they are not the right fit.
- Why it’s so important to stay objective.
- How to keep up to date with all the events he hosts online.
- How to listen to his radio show.
“I’ve had a dream, since I started middle school, to be an attorney. I like to say, since I was knee-high to a duck.” — Boe Bowen [0:07:33]
“Who takes a high school drop out and turns him into an attorney? That shows what a strong woman can do for a man. Her belief is why I got so far.” — Boe Bowen [0:07:55]
“I’m lucky that I have a great staff. Meaning we are able to offer family law which includes divorce with or without children, my personal favorite, adoptions, and also estate planning which is the sad part of my job. And then civil litigation as well.” — Boe Bowen [0:09:51]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: