- Turning Obstacles into Opportunities with Chris Ruden Dr. Ron Kaiser 32:04
People are different in many ways. We have different views, different tastes, and different ideas about things. However, one commonality most of us share is that we all have that thing. That insecurity that we can’t seem to overcome or get past. It may not always be glaring, but it lives within us, ready to strike at any moment. And when it does, it talks down to us and it makes us feel small and incapable of chasing what we truly want out of life.
This was the case for this episode’s guest, Chris Ruden, who used to feel humiliated as an amputee and Type I diabetic living in a non disabled-inclusive world. However, with time, Chris learned how to rise above his fears and see the world without limits. Chris joins me today to discuss his journey to overcoming adversity and how, through his keynote speeches and book, The Upper Hand, he’s dedicated his life to helping others do the same.
Tune in to Episode 178 of REJUVENAGING® and start living without limits with Chris Ruden.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What triggered the switch that made you change? (6:09)
- The advice that you give on stages, and elsewhere, is it specifically aimed at people with disabilities? (15:26)
- Do you find that major companies are receptive to what you speak about or are there some old biases that need to be overcome? (16:56)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- About Chris’ journey to seeing the world without limits (4:20)
- How Chris was able to change his mindset and his life (9:24)
- Why Chris chose not to opt for a skin-colored prosthetic arm (13:09)
- How Chris became a champion powerlifter (21:26)
- About Chris’ book, The Upper Hand (25:27)
Connect with Chris Ruden
Useful REJUVENAGING® Resources
- Website: https://www.thementalhealthgym.com/
- Book: Dr. Ron Kaiser –Rejuvenaging: The Art and Science of Growing Older with Enthusiasm
- Email: email@example.com
- TEDx Talk: Aging Enthusiastically to Make the World a Better Place
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.