- Keeping Our Neurons In Constant Growth with Dr. Dawson Church Dr. Ron Kaiser 47:08
Growing up in extremely tough circumstances and then becoming a depressed teenager, having suicidal thoughts, Dr. Dawson Church just couldn’t stand being on this planet; he wanted to escape. Eventually, he escaped, but to a spiritual community. He started making progress, learned about energy healing, meditation, and things began to get better for him. Psychology and self-help spirituality would improve his life even more. Some years later, tapping helped him go even further in his seek for happiness; he became a researcher, a writer, obtaining a Ph.D. and writing three best-selling books in the process – and today, he joins us to talk about that and much more.
Dr. Dawson Church is the Director at the EFTUniverse, former Executive Director of the National Institute for Integrative Healthcare, and author of three best-selling books “The Genie in Your Genes,” “Mind to Matter,” and “Bliss Brain.” He is also the perfect meditation teacher and proud owner of an infectious laugh.
In this episode, our conversation revolves around the power of stress release as a source of overall health. Dr. Dawson shares some of his experiences with EFT Tapping, how it helped him help lots of people overcome PTS, anxiety, and even weight loss. We also talk about the power of meditation, constantly learning as a recipe for longevity, and he gifts us simple explanations for lots of complex brain functions and reactions.
Tune in to Episode 108 of Rejuvenaging, to learn about the power of stress release, letting go of negative thoughts, meditation, EFT Tapping, and much more.
Some Questions I Ask:
- Your website is called EFTUniverse. What is EFT? (3:29)
- Tapping helps get rid of PTSD. How is this possible? Is there a research basis for tapping as a modality of treatment? (6:56)
- There is research indicating that meditators’ brains are different than people who don’t meditate. How does meditation affect our brain, specifically? (14:18)
- Can you tell us a bit about your journey to get to this point, how you became who you are? (27:57)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How Dr. Dawson helped an Irak veteran with tapping (4:22)
- Why Dr. Dawson is the perfect meditation teacher (10:20)
- The tiger in the grass. Why our brain likes to scare us (15:51)
- What is the best time of the day to meditate, and why (22:54)
- The effect of constant negative thinking in our brains and in our overall health (35:01)
- Dr. Dawson Church website
- Book: Dawson Church – The Genie in Your Genes: Epigenetic Medicine and the New Biology of Intention
- Book: Dawson Church – Mind to Matter: The Astonishing Science of How Your Brain Creates Material Reality
- Book: Dawson Church – Bliss Brain: The Neuroscience of Remodeling Your Brain for Resilience, Creativity, and Joy
- Book: Bruce Lipton – The Biology of Belief
Connect with Dr. Dawson: