- Overcoming Grief and Saving Lives with Laing Rikkers Brigitte Cutshall 29:30
Laing Rikkers, the co-founder of ProSomnus Sleep Technologies, discusses the importance of of being aware and treating obstructive sleep apnea.
- She explains the difference between central sleep apnea and obstructive sleep apnea, and how snoring can be a symptom of the latter.
- She emphasizes that obstructive sleep apnea can affect anyone, regardless of age, and that it is a widespread condition that affects one in five adults.
- Rikkers also highlights the dangers of untreated sleep apnea, which include cardiovascular disease, hypertension, atrial fibrillation, stroke, and diabetes, among others.
- She encourages people to get tested by their doctors and to find a treatment that works for them. ProSomnus Sleep Technologies created a device to help patients with obstructive sleep apnea, an alternative to the CPAP mask
Rikkers also shares a personal story about her younger sister who died from the condition, prompting Rikkers to write her book, “Morning Leaves: Reflections on Loss, Grief, and Connection”. Writing that book was a helpful outlet to process her emotions and navigate the difficult journey of Grief.
The book, which is set to be released in May 2023, is a collection of reflections on loss, Grief, and connection, and contains a lot of beautiful poetry.
Check out her website -https://www.laingrikkers.com/
Connect on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/morning_leaves_book/
Connect on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/laing-rikkers/