- Advocating for Classroom Inclusion with Olivier Bernier Dr. Cam 17:47
In this episode of Parenting Teens with Dr. Cam, I’m joined by father and filmmaker Olivier Bernier. Olivier and his wife Hilde created the award-winning documentary, “Forget Me Not: Inclusion in the Classroom,” which follows their journey as their son Emilio with down syndrome prepares to start school. The film aims to break down the social and systemic barriers that routinely segregate and hide children with intellectual disabilities from society.
Olivier shares his story and provides guidance on how we can address the inequities in the education system for our own children.
3 Big Takeaways:
- Children with disabilities are being systematically segregated.
- Classrooms should mirror the society we want to live in and we all have a part to play.
- Everyone benefits from inclusive education- both neurotypical children and children with challenges.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Watch the Film: Forget Me Not: Inclusion in the Classroom
- Resources about Classroom Inclusion
- Dr. Cam’s Top 10 Secrets for Raising Teens
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others would appreciate the guidance and encouragement, please take a quick moment to rate and review. Reviews from my listeners are extremely valuable and greatly appreciated. Review on iTunes.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, YouTube, Google, Spotify. You can also subscribe from the podcast app on your mobile device or listen LIVE in my Private Facebook Group.