- Caregiving with Boundaries: Finding Yourself in the Story with Robin Weeks, Founder of My Pivotal Point, Caring for Caregivers willGather, Nicole Will 51:28
Exhausted, burned out, and wondering how much longer she can sustain this role of caregiving, Robin Weeks, Founder of My Pivotal Point, knew she had to take action. Her own struggles inspired her to help others feel prepared.
Seeking a solution, she put boundaries in place and created a caregiving Coaching method called My Pivotal Point, Caring for Caregivers. This holistic approach helps caregivers gain more confidence, energy, control, and wellness in their everyday lives. In this conversation, Robin and I discuss the importance of setting boundaries for ourselves, how to identify the boundaries we need, and how to have tough conversations without shying away from conflict. Robin’s story offers valuable insights for anyone who is caring for an aging loved one. Thank you for joining us for this real and important conversation. Thank you, Robin, for your transparency and encouragement as we care for our loved ones.
Robin shares about:
- Her path of caregiving and being inspired to develop The Care Colloquium with Kimberly Whiter
- How experiencing caregiving burnout shaped her desire to truly help others feel prepared
- The ways in which boundaries saved her in her caregiving
- Tips to implement boundaries and the importance of having hard conversations and overcoming conflict
- The complex emotions of caring for loved ones when we have complicated relationships
- How we can work through our guilt in caregiving
- How we recognize the gifts in caregiving
- Ways we can successfully work with our care teams
- The holistic approach to caregiving can be our saving grace
- Where we can learn more and work with Robin in our caregiving
About Robin Weeks & My Pivotal Point
In 2020, after caring for my mother for over 6 years, I launched My Pivotal Point, Caring for
Caregivers. My Mission is to educate, inform and support caregivers so that they can effectively
provide care while maintaining their own physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. I work
with companies to educate management and caregivers and provide the support needed to
remain productive at work while caregiving.
I am a Certified Big Five for the Workplace Personality Consultant and Coach, certified in
conflict Resolution through the Roanoke, VA Center for Peace and Conflict Resolution, trained
Facilitator and a Certified Caregiving Consultant.
*This episode is brought to you by Gigi Betty co. A boutique gift shop raising awareness and funds for caregivers and care partners. Show now at www.gigibettyco.com. Use the special code WILLGATHER20 for 20% off your order- Just for our podcast listeners!
We are not medical professionals and are not providing any medical advice. If you have any medical questions, we recommend that you talk with a medical professional of your choice. willGather has taken care in selecting its speakers but the opinions of our speakers are theirs alone. Thank you for your continued interest in our podcasts.
Please follow for updates, rate & review!
For more information about our guest, podcast & sponsorship opportunities, visit www.willgatherpodcast.com
Nicole Will is our host and founder of willGather.