- Derek Kennard: Creating a Ripple Effect Beyond Football Jennifer A. Garrett 25:32
In today’s episode former NFL player Derek Kennard shares the foundational lessons he learned as a professional athlete and how he’s sharing those lessons with the next generation. Listen in as Jennifer and Derek discuss how football taught him Resilience, how he’s influencing the youth in his community, the impact of racism and culture on athletes, and the business lessons he learned to prepare him for the next phase of success beyond football.
Derek Kennard is a retired NFL player who played professional football with the then St. Louis Cardinals, the New Orleans Saints and the Dallas Cowboys. Derek was selected by the Los Angeles Express in the third round (53rd overall) of the 1984 USFL Draft and he was then selected by the St. Louis Cardinals in the second round (45th overall) in the 1984 NFL Supplemental Draft of USFL and CFL players. Derek Played in the NFL from 1986 to 1996 and he won Super Bowl XXX with the Dallas Cowboys. Derek also has a son, Devon, who is an currently an NFL free agent and most recently played for the Baltimore Ravens.
Derek’s Twitter: @dk7tre
Derek’s Instagram: @dkseven3
You can follow Derek on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/people/Derek-Kennard/100001433055912/
Let’s move the ball, make things happen, and dominate our game!
- Get Your Signed Copies of Move the Ball & Dominate the Game: http://dominateandmove.com
- Learn more about how I can help you: http://www.getinsidethehuddle.com
- Connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/movetheball
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/movetheball/
- Follow me on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@movetheballpodcast
Get your Move the Ball Merch: https://www.wemovetheball.com
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.