- When Caregiving Calls Kim Hegwood 15:17
Many of us are unprepared when caregiving calls. “When Caregiving Calls” is the title of the book today’s guest has authored. In his book, Dr. Aaron Blight offers “Guidance as You Care for a Parent, Spouse, or Aging Relative” Kim and Dr. Blight will discuss how you can fulfill your role as a family Caregiver
Additionally, Kim will ask Dr. Blight:
1. Why did you write your book, When Caregiving Calls: Guidance as You Care for a Parent, Spouse, or Aging Relative?
2. How does your book assist caregivers?
3. What is one important piece of advice you’d give a family Caregiver who’s listening?
4. What are some unexpected rewards that come from caregiving?
Links to Add to Show
LinkedIn: Aaron Blight
Dr. Aaron Blight, Ed.D., is an international speaker and consultant on caregiving, aging, and healthcare. His book, When Caregiving Calls: Guidance as You Care for a Parent, Spouse, or Aging Relative, received the 2020 Best Indie Book Award for the Non-Fiction/Caregiving Category as well as a 2021 Independent Publishers Book Award in the Aging/Death & Dying Category.
Dr. Blight is the founder of Caregiving Kinetics and serves as an Adjunct Professor of Healthcare Management and Public Health at Shenandoah University. He has served as a family Caregiver, home care company owner, caregiving scholar, and leader at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
He is a member of the Advisory Board of the Shenandoah Area Agency on Aging.
Contact Kim Hegwood- Elder Law Attorney
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HegwoodLaw