- More Ways Tech Can Help Keep Seniors Safe Kim Hegwood 21:04
“When we think of safety. We think about avoiding wandering. And I think we’ll get into that. But we think of medications, we think of falls, etc. But one of the big ones is financial safety. Because if that’s not in place, you can have all the safety features in the house, but you’re going to lose your house. Right? You’re going to lose your house. You’re not going to have anybody to be able to take care of you. You’re really going to be in a tough situation”. Benjamin Surmi
1. How can you stop fraud and financial mistakes before they destroy independence?
2. Scammers use the telephone to call or text seniors. Are there products that can help keep seniors safe from this?
3. Catching the house on fire is a worry that dementia caregivers often worry about. Is there a tool that can help?
4. Long-distance caregivers want to be able to monitor the health of a loved one. What tools can help them without being invasive?
5. Do you feel it is important to combine tech with a hands-on approach also?
How to Contact
Getting support and care for an aging adult is often one of the most frustrating experiences for any family member or friend. It’s nothing like the customer-centric experience so familiar in other areas of our lives. And working in the field is just as challenging. Benjamin is a social gerontologist passionate to design surprisingly delightful user experiences for elders, their family members, and care professionals. He drives Koelsch Communities’ Innovation Lab, wellness and lifelong learning, employee and family education, workflow design, and culture initiatives
Contact Kim Hegwood- Elder Law Attorney
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HegwoodLaw