- The power of creativity: Choosing laughter, refinding your childhood dreams and knowing your value Lucy Rowell 34:30
This week I share a wonderful conversation I had with Kelly J Mendheall. Kelly describes herself as a disabled author, artist, speaker, and advocate. Kelly has been raising awareness about and fighting against medical gaslighting since 2017. When she had a sudden medical disability.
Kelly made a name for herself as a medical journalist and blogger, writing the websites BlastingNews.com, SpineNation.com, and her own blog, Nerdzilla Lives!
In 2019, Kelly published her first book, Skin in the Game: The Stories My Tattoos Tell, receiving rave reviews. Most recently Kelly launched the #affordableartrevolution in December 2022, and this year served as keynote speaker at Disability Awareness Day in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
What you’ll hear about:
- A drive to do and know better
- Learning to be an expert
- Medical gaslighting
- New perspectives on where to spend energy
- You drown from staying in the water
- Choosing laughter over tears
- The power of creativity
- Mental, physical and spiritual health
- Refinding your childhood dreams
- Breaking free of self doubt
- Knowing your value
Weekly Challenge : Dream like a kid again
Power of Music : Beautiful Disaster by 311