- Episode 39 - Michael Crawley - A Lot of People Laughed at Me. You'll Never Make It in Sales. Everybody's Got a Vacuum Cleaner. Nobody Needs One. I Didn't Listen to That. Drew Deraney 34:47
Here’s what you’ll learn about:
- Defining moments and career development. (0:00)
- Michael shares his story of growing up in a small town, working odd jobs, and eventually joining the military before pursuing higher education and a career in the restaurant industry.
- His experiences shaped his perspective on the importance of hard work and goal setting, and he credits his success to his willingness to take risks and adapt to new situations.
- Michael shared his story of perseverance and determination in the face of adversity, from being a busboy for 2 years to landing a sales job with Electrolux.
- His model for success was built on providing excellent customer service, treating every customer like he would his grandparents.
- Overcoming limiting beliefs and finding success in a new location. (5:29)
- Michael shares his journey of overcoming obstacles and achieving success in sales, despite being told he would never make it.
- He learned the importance of setting goals and working with other salespeople to overcome the limiting beliefs of their paradigm.
- Michael moved to Windsor, Ontario from the east coast of Canada in his mid-40s, seeking a change of pace and a new opportunity.
- He found the climate and people warm and welcoming, and he has since built a successful sales career, married, and had a son named Jackson.
- Personal development, mindset, and routines. (11:08)
- Michael studied under several personal development leaders, including Bob Proctor, and found their teachings to be transformative.
- He learned the importance of putting his ego aside and focusing on others from Bob Proctor’s teachings.
- Michael focuses on active listening, emotional intelligence, and personalized connections to improve communication and relationships.
- Morning routines and goal setting. (15:50)
- Michael wakes up at 4:30am 3 days a week, 5am on other days, to study and prepare for successful calls.
- Investing in self-improvement through habits and routines leads to long-term success.
- Journaling and setting goals for personal growth. (19:33)
- Michael discusses the importance of Journaling for personal growth and goal achievement.
- He recommends setting specific, measurable, and achievable goals, and repeating them daily for maximum impact.
- Michael sets goals for personal and professional growth, including being healthy and fit, and achieving 15 sales every month.
- Sales, relationships, and personal growth. (23:45)
- Michael emphasizes building relationships in sales, contrasting with traditional tactics.
- He expresses concern about the impact of the pandemic on young people’s ability to communicate and relate to others face-to-face.
- Michael agrees and suggests that it’s important to teach children how to ask for help and seek support when needed, as it’s a strength and not a weakness.
Michael Crawley Bio: Michael Crawley Peak Performance & Mindset Coach.
Lives in Amherstburg Ontario
In the Direct Sales Industry with Aerus for over 35 years.
Michael has worked with many salespeople and business owners.
He has studied under Bob Proctor who is considered the # 1 Prosperity Teacher in the world.
Michael works with his clients to transform their finances, health, business and lifestyle.