- Co-creating Peace Episode #118 – Overcoming Division Through Curiosity, Compassion & Courage”, Kathleen Oweegon 28:05
Welcome to Part 2 of “Overcoming Division Through Curiosity, Compassion & Courage”, Episode #118 of Co-creating Peace, a series about conscious communication & conflict transformation.
In Episode # 117, which aired May 28, Tom Fishman, CEO of Starts with Us shared some insights and tools for bridging divides, including how each of us can affect positive change and influence social norms simply by how we show up each and every day. He also discussed new ways of building towards common goals with online technologies. If you haven’t yet heard that episode, I encourage you to give it a listen.
This week, I continue my conversation with Tom. Highlights you won’t want to miss include:
- Seeking diverse perspectives in critical thinking
- The importance of intentionality
- The relationship between behavior and values
- Balancing media consumption and coverage
- Starts With Us’ exciting plans for program expansion
Tom Fishman, CEO of Starts with Us is wired to be in “build mode” and much prefers answering the “why?” and “how?” vs. “what?” He’s at SWU because he believes media and technology can be harnessed for good. Alongside so many of us, he is eager to give a home, a voice, and real momentum to all of the people who believe it’s time to end the culture wars and make curiosity, compassion, and courage the dominant values in our society. In his words, “If no one builds it, it won’t happen.”
Other organizations Tom mentioned in Part 1 that you may want to learn more about are:
Please support Co-creating Peace:
- Subscribe to Co-creating Peace on your favorite podcast provider
- Send me your ideas for topics & guests or be a guest to talk about your communication or conflict resolution challenges & receive free communication Coaching.
- Share on social media & tell the world about Co-creating Peace!
- Become a patron at www.patreon.com/CocreatingPeace
Contact Kathleen Oweegon at: email@example.com to share your ideas and feedback for this show. You can receive a free 30-minute communication Coaching session by being a guest on Co-creating Peace to talk about your communication challenges and receive Kathleen's suggestions on the air. Visit BridgesofPeace.com to learn more about Kathleen and her work.